Man attacked after pleading with youths not to throw snow balls
Tuesday 22 January 2013
A man who was attacked after urging youths not to throw snowballs at toddlers and elderly pedestrians may be scarred for life, police have said.
The victim, aged in his early 20s, required emergency treatment, including eight stitches, at a specialist clinic after suffering a serious ear injury in Bromsgrove, north Worcestershire, yesterday.
Police said the victim was repeatedly punched in Mill Lane at about 3.25pm by a white youth who left the scene on a bus.
Pc Simeon Darrall-Jones of West Mercia Police said: "This was clearly a nasty and unprovoked attack on a young man who was simply trying to prevent some elderly people getting injured.
"I would appeal for anyone who witnessed the assault or anyone who recognises the youth from the description to contact us.
"I would also appeal for the youth responsible to come forward."
Anyone with information is asked to contact Pc Darrall-Jones on 101.
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
Nelson Mandela: 11 inspirational quotes to live your life by
Nelson Mandela: From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
UK weather: People urged to remain vigilant as high tides and strong winds continue through the night
Nelson Mandela death: his life in pictures
- < Previous
- Next >