Man charged over hit-and-run death of Sutton policeman Andrew Duncan
Monday 23 September 2013
A man has been charged over the death of a police officer who was killed in a suspected hit-and-run collision, the Metropolitan Police has said.
Gary Bromige, aged 25, from South Norwood in South London, will appear at South Western Magistrates' Court, Battersea, south London, today charged with causing death by dangerous driving and failing to stop at the scene of an accident.
Traffic officer Pc Andrew Duncan died in hospital yesterday morning after being a hit by a car during a speed enforcement operation in Sutton, south London, in the early hours of Friday.
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Durham Free School: 'Creationism taught at' free school facing closure
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
Ukraine crisis: Top Chinese diplomat backs Putin and says West should 'abandon zero-sum mentality'
- 1 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 2 Licence fee: What is the BBC charge – and how will the changes affect you?
- 3 This is what the photographer has to say about the picture of a weasel riding a woodpecker
- 4 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 5 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for