Man charged over injured police dog
Saturday 15 October 2011
A man has been charged with causing suffering to a police dog after the dog's head was slammed in a door.
Police were in Edgware, north London, searching for lost property when a man is said to have emerged from bushes and ignored officers' calls for him to stop.
He ran to a nearby house, chased by police dog Zinzan, and his handler. As Zinzan tried to enter, the door was repeatedly slammed on the dog's head and neck, leaving the animal screaming in pain.
Officers fought to force open the door and Zinzan was able to escape. He was taken to a vet for treatment but the full extent of his injuries is not yet known.
Lukasz Sklepkowski, 28, of no fixed abode, has been charged with causing unnecessary suffering under the Animal Welfare Act and was due to appear at Brent Magistrates' Court today.
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Pro-Russian rebel 'admits to shooting down plane'
Israel-Gaza conflict: Deadly flechette shells 'used by Israeli military in Gaza Strip’
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Blogger captures footage ‘showing BUK missile launcher that shot down jet’ now back in Russia
Peaches Geldof inquest: Tragic final moments of socialite's life reveal she "lied" to husband about failed drugs tests
Israel-Gaza conflict: The myth of Hamas’s human shields
Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 crash: 'Nine Britons, 23 Americans and 80 children' feared dead after Boeing passenger jet is 'shot down' near Ukraine-Russia border
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Vladimir Putin is given 'one last chance' to end hostilities in Ukraine
The 'scroungers’ fight back: The welfare claimants battling to alter stereotypes
The truth about conspiracy theories is that some require considering
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Ukrainian military jet was flying close to passenger plane before it was shot down, says Russian officer
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: victims’ bodies bundled in black bags and loaded onto trains
- 1 Apple has installed security backdoors on 600m iPhones and iPads, claims security researcher
- 2 Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Pro-Russian rebel 'admits to shooting down plane'
- 3 Louis van Gaal gets tough with Manchester United players, with Darren Fletcher and Luke Shaw berated in public and Phil Jones left looking bemused
- 4 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 5 Peaches Geldof inquest: Tragic final moments of socialite's life reveal she "lied" to husband about failed drugs tests