Man charged with canal woman murder
A 42-year-old man will appear in court tomorrow charged with murdering a woman whose body was found in a canal.
Mazhar Rashid, of Stoney Stanton Road, Coventry, will appear before magistrates in the city accused of killing Emma Ewart, West Midlands Police said.
The body of the 27-year-old mother, who lived in the Courthouse Green area of Coventry, was recovered from the Coventry Canal between Bulkington and Bedworth, north Warwickshire, on June 2 after a member of the public alerted the police.
Rashid, who will be kept in police custody until his appearance in court, was detained at an address in the Hillfields area of Coventry on Thursday.
- 1 What, let gays get married? We must be bonkers
- 2 Rocky Horror star Tim Curry 'suffers major stroke'
- 3 Exclusive: How MI5 blackmails British Muslims
- 4 EDL marches on Newcastle as attacks on Muslims increase tenfold in the wake of Woolwich machete attack which killed Drummer Lee Rigby
- 5 Farewell, Shameless. Your heirs have work to do
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Nook is donating eReaders to volunteers at high-need schools and participating in exclusive events throughout the campaign.
Get the latest on The Evening Standard's campaign to get London's children reading.
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.