Man charged with causing 'life-changing injuries' after woman attacked with cleaning fluid
A man has been charged with causing 'life-changing injuries', after a 19-year-old woman was attacked with cleaning fluid.
Matthew Wood, 27, from Smethwick, was arrested by police, accused of causing grievous bodily harm to Aleena Rafiq.
The incident occurred when, Rafiq responded to a knock on the door at her property in the West Midlands.
Opening the door, a mystery liquid, thought to be a powerful cleaning product, was thrown in Rafiq's face causing serious facial injuries.
The attack also left her with internal damage to her lungs and throat, and has ensured she remains in a critical condition in hospital.
Alongside Aleena Rafiq, Mohammed Rafiq also received injuries caused by the liquid, after answering the door with Aleena.
Three other men between the ages of 19 and 23 were arrested in connection with the attack, and have subsequently been released on bail.
The partner of and mother of Matthew Wodd, Lisa, 25, and Debbie Wood, 46, have were also charged with perverting the course of justice.
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
'Cash for access' scandal: Sir Malcolm Rifkind says 'unrealistic' for MPs to live on £67,000 salary
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Russia's roadmap for annexing eastern Ukraine 'leaked from Vladimir Putin's office'
- 1 Forget 'The Dress': Here are five of the biggest news stories you might have missed
- 2 The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
- 3 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 Saudi Muslim cleric claims the Earth is 'stationary' and the sun rotates around it