Man charged with killing his wife and son at home
Monday 02 April 2012
The family of a mother and her young son killed in their home said they would be sadly missed.
Suzanne Jones, 34, and her two-year-old son, William, were found dead at their home in Glanmorfa Terrace, Porthmadog, Gwynedd, on Friday night. Ms Jones's husband – and William's father – David Wyn Jones, 42, has been charged with their murders, police said yesterday.
Neighbours said the couple also have two daughters, Antonia and Amy. Ms Jones's mother, Eileen Holt, said in a statement: "We will all miss Sue and Wil so much.
"Sue was a fantastic mum and daughter and Wil was a lovely little boy who will be sadly missed by us and his sisters.
"We are now concentrating on looking after our granddaughters and ask that our privacy is respected."
Mr Jones remains in custody before appearing at Caernarfon Crown Court today.
Diving in at the deep end is no excuse for shirking the style stakes
Pope Francis: ‘One in 50’ Catholic priests, bishops and cardinals is a paedophile
Fry ‘criticises Operation Yewtree in dinner party rant’ calling for tougher laws to deter false sex abuse allegations
Supermoon 2014 in pictures: The moon appeared bigger and brighter at the weekend
Saharan remains may be evidence of first race war, 13,000 years ago
Israel-Gaza conflict: ‘Sderot cinema’ image shows Israelis with popcorn and chairs 'cheering as missiles strike Palestinian targets'
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
War is war: Why I stand with Israel
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
Socialist Worker called to apologise over ‘vile’ article saying Eton schoolboy Horatio Chapple's death is ‘reason to save the polar bears’
Emergency data law: David Cameron plots to bring back snoopers’ charter
NUT strike: David Cameron announces crackdown on strike action ahead of mass industrial action
- 1 Fry ‘criticises Operation Yewtree in dinner party rant’ calling for tougher laws to deter false sex abuse allegations
- 2 Belgium fan Axelle Despiegelaere lands L'Oreal campaign after World Cup viral photo
- 3 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
- 4 Israel-Gaza conflict: ‘Sderot cinema’ image shows Israelis with popcorn and chairs 'cheering as missiles strike Palestinian targets'
- 5 Blackest is the new black: Scientists have developed a material so dark that you can't see it...