Man denies Joss Stone plot
Tuesday 25 October 2011
A man has denied conspiring to kidnap and murder the soul singer Joss Stone.
Kevin Liverpool, 34, appeared at Exeter Crown Court yesterday to plead not guilty to conspiracy to murder, conspiracy to commit GBH and conspiracy to commit robbery. He is accused of targeting Stone, 24, between January and June this year with Junior Bradshaw, 31.
Mr Bradshaw also appeared in court yesterday but was not asked to enter any pleas.
The two men, from Manchester, were arrested on 13 June this year, close to Stone's home in Devon.
Both were remanded in custody ahead of the trial scheduled for next August. PA
The 'scroungers’ fight back: The welfare claimants battling to alter stereotypes
Arizona execution lasts two hours as killer Joseph Wood left 'snorting and gasping' for air
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Ukrainian military jet was flying close to passenger plane before it was shot down, says Russian officer
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Massive rise in sale of British arms to Russia
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: victims’ bodies bundled in black bags and loaded onto trains
John Barrowman praised for Commonwealth Games opening ceremony gay kiss
- 1 Malaysian cyclist could face disciplinary action after 'Save Gaza' gloves protest
- 2 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 3 Fifty Shades of Grey trailer provokes moral outrage from US parenting groups
- 4 McDonald’s removes chicken nuggets from the menu in Hong Kong amid major food scare
- 5 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda