Man denies Joss Stone plot
Tuesday 25 October 2011
A man has denied conspiring to kidnap and murder the soul singer Joss Stone.
Kevin Liverpool, 34, appeared at Exeter Crown Court yesterday to plead not guilty to conspiracy to murder, conspiracy to commit GBH and conspiracy to commit robbery. He is accused of targeting Stone, 24, between January and June this year with Junior Bradshaw, 31.
Mr Bradshaw also appeared in court yesterday but was not asked to enter any pleas.
The two men, from Manchester, were arrested on 13 June this year, close to Stone's home in Devon.
Both were remanded in custody ahead of the trial scheduled for next August. PA
General Election 2015: David Cameron catching up in polls – but he badly needs a clear lead
South Africa xenophobic attacks: Shops looted and violence on streets of Johannesburg as foreigners are forced to hide in police stations
18th century sex toy found in 'toilet of sword fighting school' in Poland
'I wish my teacher knew...': Young students share their 'heartbreaking' worries in notes
Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats
The only black face in the Ukip manifesto is on the page about overseas aid
If I’m being racially abused I don’t need a stranger with a saviour complex to rescue me
Ukip is the only main political party to not address LGBT rights in its manifesto
Food banks: One million Britons will soon be using them, according to Trussell Trust
BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
Religion isn't growing, it is becoming vigorous in its demise, says philosopher AC Grayling
- 1 18th century sex toy found in 'toilet of sword fighting school' in Poland
- 2 US? China? India? The 10 biggest economies in 2030 will be...
- 3 'I wish my teacher knew...': Young students share their 'heartbreaking' worries in notes
- 4 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats
- 5 Australian student Tommy Connolly, 23, adopts his pregnant, homeless 17-year-old cousin to give her a chance at 'a better life'