Man faces British court over 'Facebook threats to kill 200 in US'
Friday 19 April 2013
A British man who allegedly posted on Facebook threats to kill 200 people in America appeared before a crown court judge today.
Reece Elliott, 24, from Fossway, South Shields, South Tyneside, faced five charges of making threats to kill and nine charges under the Communications Act.
No pleas were entered and the case was adjourned for a week.
Elliott, with shoulder-length curly hair, appeared via a videolink from Durham Prison where he is being held on remand.
He was arrested in February after posts were made on a Facebook tribute page for a Tennessee girl who died in a car accident.
The day after the comments were made, 3,000 children did not attend classes in Warren County and security was beefed up at local schools.
Elliott has been held in custody since his arrest and made his first court appearance in February.
Judge James Goss, the Recorder of Newcastle, ordered that Elliott must attend in person next week.
elephant appealThe first 23 lots in our charity auction have now gone. But there are 22 more still up for grabs
The Silicon Valley awards which treat scientists like rockstars
comedy'Fresh Meat' star sees off stiff competition from Alan Carr, David Mitchell, Graham Norton, Lee Mack and Sarah Millican to win top prize
- 1 Italian court annuls prison sentence for elderly paedophile after 11-year-old victim tells investigators in Catanzaro that she loves him
- 2 Australia incest case: Deformed children found in remote farming community after generations of inbreeding
- 3 Woman who miscarried in private prison 'made to clean up after herself,' court told
- 4 Physicists discover 'clearest evidence yet' that the Universe is a hologram
- 5 Fox News presenter tells viewers it is a 'fact' that both Jesus and Santa Claus are white
Mystery of Epping Forest 'big cat' is solved
North Korea: First Kim Jong-un orders execution of uncle - now it emerges that victim's wife was involved in decision to execute him
Australia incest case: Deformed children found in remote farming community after generations of inbreeding
Woman who miscarried in private prison 'made to clean up after herself,' court told
Fox News presenter tells viewers it is a 'fact' that both Jesus and Santa Claus are white
- < Previous
- Next >