Man gets life for IRA drug gang slaying
Wednesday 15 February 2012
A man has been jailed for life for gunning down two gangland enforcers linked to an IRA drugs ring.
Thomas Haigh, 26, from West Yorkshire, must serve a minimum of 35 years for killing David Griffiths, 35, and Brett Flournoy, 31, on a farm near St Austell in Cornwall.
Truro Crown Court heard that Griffiths and Flournoy worked for a gang that "ran" Liverpool's drugs trade. Haigh killed the men because they were demanding he go to Brazil for a second time and bring back cocaine.
Ross Stone, 28, was cleared of murder, but will serve five years after admitting burying their bodies on his farm.
YouTube video posted by Isis militants shows 'execution of 250 Syrian soldiers'
Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
Oil tanker with $100 million cargo goes missing off Texas coast
George Galloway left with severe bruising after attack in Notting Hill by man 'shouting about the Holocaust'
Brother and sister, Christopher Buckner and Timothy Savoy, arrested for 'committing incest after watching 'The Notebook''
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
What do immigrants really think of Britain? Polish immigrant's Reddit post goes viral
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
With Douglas Carswell joining Ukip, my party has taken another giant step forward
- 1 Strictly Come Dancing 2014: Gregg Wallace joins line-up as final celebrities revealed
- 2 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 3 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 4 Oil tanker with $100 million cargo goes missing off Texas coast
- 5 George Galloway left with severe bruising after attack in Notting Hill by man 'shouting about the Holocaust'
- < Previous
- Next >