Man guilty of babysitter killing
Tuesday 24 July 2012
A teenage karate teacher was today convicted of stabbing his
girlfriend to death on Boxing Day as she babysat two young children.
Tony Bushby, 19, murdered art student Catherine Wynter, 19, known as Katy, and left her slumped against the fridge in the kitchen of her sister's home.
A post-mortem examination showed she had been stabbed "multiple" times.
She had 23 separate wounds on her body, including 13 serious stab injuries. Some were on her hands as she tried to shield herself from the attack.
After the attack Bushby went to his nearby home with blood on his clothes and hands.
Bushby was convicted by a jury of eight women and four men at St Albans Crown Court and he will be sentenced at 10am tomorrow.
Rules on 5p plastic bags likely to lead to arguments at the check-out
Watch the Supermoon live: How to see the brightest Moon of the year tonight
Hulk Hogan wants to be Donald Trump's running mate in the US Presidential election
Blood Moon and Supermoon: September to bring brightest – and dimmest – full Moon of the year on same night
News agency criticised for describing Amal Clooney as 'actor's wife' in coverage of human rights trial
Climate change: 2015 will be the hottest year on record 'by a mile', experts say
'Women only' train carriages: Jeremy Corbyn unveils radical move to tackle public harassment
Black holes are a passage to another universe, says Stephen Hawking
Tony Blair attacks Jeremy Corbyn's 'Alice In Wonderland' politics
Theresa May says migrants should be banned from entering the UK unless they have jobs lined up
Iain Duncan Smith 'should resign over disability benefit death figures', says Jeremy Corbyn
- 1 Rules on 5p plastic bags likely to lead to arguments at the check-out
- 2 Hulk Hogan wants to be Donald Trump's running mate in the US Presidential election
- 3 Blood Moon and Supermoon: September to bring brightest – and dimmest – full Moon of the year on same night
- 4 News agency criticised for describing Amal Clooney as 'actor's wife' in coverage of human rights trial
- 5 David De Gea to Real Madrid: Real finally get their man with £29m bid for Manchester United goalkeeper