Man held after pensioner found dead
Wednesday 20 July 2011
A 45-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder after the death of an elderly woman, police said today.
West Midlands Police said the pensioner, thought to be in her 70s, was pronounced dead after being found collapsed at an address in the Harborne area of Birmingham last night.
Officers were called to the property in Moor Pool Avenue at 9.27pm and have described the death as an isolated incident.
A police spokesman said: "A 45-year-old man was arrested from the premises on suspicion of murder and is currently in police custody helping police with inquiries."
Anyone with information which could assist the inquiry is urged to contact Birmingham South Police on 0345 113 5000.
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
The Google future, including microphones in every ceiling and data sent directly to your brain
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
Guide dog mauled while helping owner deliver Christmas cards
Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
N Korea confirms removal of Kim Jong-un’s 'depraved' uncle Jang Song Thaek
10 stone five-year-old taken into care
- < Previous
- Next >