Man held in Syria terrorist probe


A 31-year-old man was arrested today by detectives investigating people travelling to Syria in support of terrorist activity and will be charged when he appears in court tomorrow, police said.

The unnamed man will appear at Westminster Magistrates' Court in London tomorrow where he will be charged with the preparation of terrorist acts contrary to Section 5 of the Terrorism Act 2006.

He was arrested in east London just before 5.30pm by officers from the Counter Terrorism Command (SO15) after an arrest warrant was granted by a district judge at the court.

He is currently in custody at a central London police station and will appear at 9am tomorrow when he will be charged, a Metropolitan Police spokesman said.

The man was originally arrested on January 10 and released without charge on January 16.

Two other men have previously been charged in connection with the investigation.