Man in court on murder charge after toddler Amina Agboola dies in Peterborough hospital
A 28-year-old woman, believed to be the girl's mother, was also arrested and has been released on police bail.
A 19-year-old man appeared in court today charged with murder after the death of a two-year-old girl on Thursday.
Dean Harris, 19, of Yaxley, Cambridgeshire, appeared before Peterborough Magistrates' Court.
The toddler, who has now been named as Amina Agboola, died after being taken to Peterborough City Hospital with serious injuries.
A 28-year-old woman, believed to be the girl's mother, was also arrested and has been released on police bail. Harris is believed to be the woman's partner.
It is understood the couple took the girl to hospital themselves and were then arrested.
Scenes-of-crimes officers were examining a house in Yaxley on the outskirts of Peterborough.
A police spokesman said on Friday: “The child had been taken to hospital at 11am with serious injuries but died shortly before 1pm.”
A post-mortem examination will be carried out to establish the cause of death.
The 9 charts that show the 'left-wing' policies of Jeremy Corbyn the public actually agrees with
Labour leadership contender Jeremy Corbyn says 'we can learn a great deal from Karl Marx'
The last thing Labour needs is a leader like Jeremy Corbyn who people want to vote for
What the Labour party could look like under Jeremy Corbyn
I am the Jeremy Corbyn supporter that many will tell you doesn't exist
Public anger after French sunbather beaten up by gang for wearing a bikini in Reims park
- 1 Kenya President Uhuru Kenyatta clashes with President Obama on LGBT equality: ‘Gay rights is really a non-issue’
- 2 Public anger after French sunbather beaten up by gang for wearing a bikini in Reims park
- 3 Mers outbreak: Manchester Royal Infirmary A&E closes over suspected cases
- 4 Jon Snow alive? New Game of Thrones toy line suggests he's not among the dead
- 5 Denmark bans kosher and halal slaughter as minister says ‘animal rights come before religion’