Man in court over death of woman
Saturday 06 October 2012
A 22-year-old man is due to appear in court today accused of murdering a young woman who was found dead in Kent.
Adam Whelehan was charged by detectives from the Kent and Essex Serious Crime Directorate last night in connection with the killing of the 23-year-old victim.
Police were called to a report of a woman with severe injuries in Swanley Village Road, Swanley, on Wednesday. She was treated by paramedics but died at the scene.
Police said Whelehan, of Roseberry Avenue, Sidcup, and the woman were known to each other but their relationship has not been disclosed.
He is due to appear before Medway Magistrates this morning.
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
People are American flagging their Facebook profile pictures in response to those rainbow flagging them
Right to die: Belgian doctors rule depressed 24-year-old woman has right to end her life
Worker killed by robot at Volkswagen car factory
BP hit with record $18.7 billion fine over Deepwater Horizon Gulf oil spill
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Greece crisis: The wider lesson is that it’s time to abandon this failed experiment in currencies
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
They are neither a 'state' nor 'Islamic': Why we shouldn't call them Isis, Isil or IS
- 1 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 2 'Help me I'm trapped in a factory' messages keep being found on bottles of vitamin water
- 3 Right to die: Belgian doctors rule depressed 24-year-old woman has right to end her life
- 4 Wimbledon 2015: Dustin Brown knocks Rafael Nadal out of the championship
- 5 BP hit with record $18.7 billion fine over Deepwater Horizon Gulf oil spill