Man in court over divorce party murder
A man was facing trial today accused of killing his ex-wife who was stabbed to death as she prepared to host her divorce party.
Brian Jones, 63, denies murdering 34-year-old Katrina Jones, who was found dead in her home in Church Close, Marske, east Cleveland, last year.
When police arrived to reports of a disturbance on November 27 they found the mother-of-two had been stabbed more than 20 times with a knife.
They had separated in February last year and divorce proceedings were completed by the following November.
Mrs Jones left two sons, Jordan, 11, and 18-year-old Thomas.
Jones, of Thrushwood Crescent, Marske, faces trial at Teesside Crown Court in Middlesbrough.
General Election 2015: David Cameron catching up in polls – but he badly needs a clear lead
South Africa xenophobic attacks: Shops looted and violence on streets of Johannesburg as foreigners are forced to hide in police stations
Earthworms rain down from skies over Norway, puzzling scientists
18th century sex toy found in 'toilet of sword fighting school' in Poland
'I wish my teacher knew...': Young students share their 'heartbreaking' worries in notes
The only black face in the Ukip manifesto is on the page about overseas aid
Ukip is the only main political party to not address LGBT rights in its manifesto
If I’m being racially abused I don’t need a stranger with a saviour complex to rescue me
BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
Religion isn't growing, it is becoming vigorous in its demise, says philosopher AC Grayling
General Election 2015: Polish prince challenges Nigel Farage to a duel over immigration question
- 1 BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
- 2 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 3 18th century sex toy found in 'toilet of sword fighting school' in Poland
- 4 'I wish my teacher knew...': Young students share their 'heartbreaking' worries in notes
- 5 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats