Man in court over doorstep shooting
A man was remanded in custody today when he appeared in court accused of murdering a man who was shot dead on the doorstep of his home.
Joseph Hylton, 21, was shot in the chest in Mount Pleasant Road, Tottenham, north London, at lunchtime on Friday, May 7.
Junior Collier, 27, of no fixed address, appeared in custody at Highbury Corner Magistrates' Court today charged with murder.
He will remain in custody until Tuesday when he is due before the Old Bailey, a court spokeswoman said.
A 16-year-old youth who was also arrested over the death has been released on bail to a date in June pending further inquiries.
Unemployed Mr Hylton was believed to be living at a bail hostel.
Police were called at 11.40am after reports of shots fired on Mount Pleasant Road near the junction with Adams Road.
Mr Hylton was pronounced dead at the scene.
Rowan Atkinson to sell £10 million McLaren 'supercar' he crashed into a tree and a lamppost
UK weather: Snow to fall in the coming week with sub-zero temperatures to last until early February
Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
US blames Russia after rocket attacks in Ukraine kill at least 30
Warriors in ancient Iraq suffered Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder more than 3,000 years ago, say researchers
Nigel Farage: NHS might have to be replaced by private health insurance
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
French court convicts three over homophobic tweets, in case hailed as a 'significant victory' by LGBT rights campaigners
George Galloway condemns 'racist, Islamophobic, hypocritical rag' Charlie Hebdo at freedom of speech rally
British Muslim school children suffering a backlash of abuse following Paris attacks
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
- 1 Benedict Cumberbatch says Hollywood is better for black British actors
- 2 Man who held up 'hire me' sign at Waterloo station returns a year later with 'I'm hiring' sign
- 3 UK weather: Snow to fall in the coming week with sub-zero temperatures to last until early February
- 4 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 5 Warriors in ancient Iraq suffered Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder more than 3,000 years ago, say researchers