Man in hospital after Hertfordshire shooting
A man was in hospital with "life-changing" injuries today after he was shot by three men in a house.
Hertfordshire Police said a group of three or four men wearing black balaclavas entered a house in Rueley Dell Road in Lilley, Herts, just before 3pm yesterday.
They shot the 43-year-old occupant in what was described as a "targeted attack", before leaving the house.
Police said the gang were seen getting into a silver car in East Street, the main road through the village. It then drove off in the direction of Hexton.
The victim was taken to a hospital in London where he is being treated. His injuries were described as "life-changing".
Hertfordshire Police could not confirm whether the man was in his own home when he was shot.
Senior investigating officer Detective Chief Inspector Sean O'Neil from the Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire Major Crime Unit, said: "We believe this was a targeted attack and not a random shooting and we are appealing to anyone who has any information to contact us as soon as possible."
Anyone with information is asked to contact the incident room on 01707 355798.
Pope Francis declares evolution and Big Bang theory are real and God is not 'a magician with a magic wand'
Huge surge in Ukip support after EU funding row, according to new poll
Ukip ‘exploiting grooming scandal’ to secure party’s first police chief
Nigel Farage: 'There’s nothing wrong with white people blacking up'
Maureen Lipman says 'she can't vote Labour while Ed Miliband is leader'
Muslims, immigration and teenage pregnancy: British people are ignorant about almost everything
- 1 2015 General Election: Green party will not appear in TV debate alongside Ukip – says BBC
- 2 Canadian actor punched in face after 'Islamophobia' experiment goes wrong in wake of Ottawa shooting
- 3 Topshop at centre of row over body image as 'shocking' skinny mannequin photo goes viral
- 4 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 5 Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella