Man in hospital after pub shooting
A man was recovering in hospital today after a gangland-style shooting in a bar.
Two armed and masked men entered McDonagh's pub in Laytown, Co Meath, at around 9.45pm last night.
The pair opened fire on the 41-year-old victim before escaping on foot.
The man was rushed to Our Lady of Lourdes hospital in Drogheda, where his injuries are not thought to be life-threatening.
It is understood that the victim, from the Dublin area, is known to gardai.The shooting is believed to be linked to an ongoing gang feud in the capital.
Gardai have appealed for witnesses or anyone with information to come forward.
The scene remained sealed off today as a technical examination was carried out.
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Disgusting, frustrating, but intriguing: how the country really feels about its politicians
Bin bag full of cats' heads discovered near Manchester's Curry Mile
- 1 Jeremy Clarkson 'sees no problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 2 'Alien thigh bone' on Mars: Excitement from alien hunters at 'evidence' of extraterrestrial life
- 3 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 4 London restaurant 34 creates champagne glass modelled on Kate Moss’ left breast
- 5 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27