Man in hospital after pub shooting
A man was recovering in hospital today after a gangland-style shooting in a bar.
Two armed and masked men entered McDonagh's pub in Laytown, Co Meath, at around 9.45pm last night.
The pair opened fire on the 41-year-old victim before escaping on foot.
The man was rushed to Our Lady of Lourdes hospital in Drogheda, where his injuries are not thought to be life-threatening.
It is understood that the victim, from the Dublin area, is known to gardai.The shooting is believed to be linked to an ongoing gang feud in the capital.
Gardai have appealed for witnesses or anyone with information to come forward.
The scene remained sealed off today as a technical examination was carried out.
Cyclist who knocked down three-year-old girl says his life has been 'destroyed'
US warned by Chinese media to stop meddling or 'war will be inevitable'
How China's richest man Li Hejun lost $15bn in an hour - and made a fortune
Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
Snoop Dogg on why he doesn't regret displaying misogyny towards women
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
A nation of inequality: How the UK is failing to feed its most vulnerable people
EU referendum: David Cameron to deny EU migrants and under-18s the chance to vote
- 1 Cyclist who knocked down three-year-old girl says his life has been 'destroyed'
- 2 Chelsea victory parade: Chelsea mocked on Twitter as 'tens of fans' pack the streets of London
- 3 US warned by Chinese media to stop meddling or 'war will be inevitable'
- 4 Woman, 21, dies after taking contraceptive pill that 'caused fatal blood clot'
- 5 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says