Man killed in car explosion named
Thursday 19 May 2011
Police named a man today who died in an explosion in his car.
A major incident operation was launched after the body of David Bagley, 58, from Navigation Point, Hartlepool, was found behind the wheel of his destroyed Nissan Micra in the early hours yesterday.
Three ambulance staff and two police officers who were on the scene were treated in hospital briefly after complaining of sore throats.
Fears that dangerous chemicals may have been stored in his apartment overlooking the town's marina led to more than 100 people being evacuated until late last night from nearby homes.
Army bomb disposal experts were only allowed into the property when it was deemed safe.
Detective Superintendent Gordon Lang said: "Police are not looking for anyone else in connection with this death and we are now working on behalf of the coroner."
Israel-Gaza conflict: The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Opponents of Israel's military operation in Gaza are the real enemies of Middle Eastern peace
Were 'Poor Doors' added to mixed developments so wealthy residents don't have to go in alongside social housing tenants?
Arizona execution lasts two hours as killer Joseph Wood left 'snorting and gasping' for air
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Massive rise in sale of British arms to Russia
- 1 If you weren't afraid of flying before last week... you probably are now
- 2 Israel-Gaza conflict: The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
- 3 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
- 4 Lauren Goodger calls for tougher laws on revenge porn after sex tape leaks online
- 5 Iraq crisis: End 'very near' for Christianity after Isis takeover, says Bishop