Man stabbed to death
Police have launched a murder investigation after a man was knifed to death today.
The 30-year-old victim was stabbed shortly before 4am in the Edgware area of north London.
A Metropolitan Police spokesman said: "Police were called at approximately 3.50am by London Ambulance Service to reports of a man aged approximately 30 stabbed in Watling Avenue, Edgware.
"Officers attended and the victim was pronounced dead at the scene.
"Inquiries into the identity of the deceased are ongoing and next of kin are yet to be informed."
No arrests have been made, and Scotland Yard's Homicide and Serious Crime Command will investigate the murder.
Police are appealing for witnesses to call them on the non-emergency number 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 Nelson Mandela: From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
Nelson Mandela: 11 inspirational quotes to live your life by
Nelson Mandela: From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
UK weather: People urged to remain vigilant as high tides and strong winds continue through the night
Nelson Mandela death: his life in pictures
- < Previous
- Next >