Man stabbed to death
Police have launched a murder investigation after a man was knifed to death today.
The 30-year-old victim was stabbed shortly before 4am in the Edgware area of north London.
A Metropolitan Police spokesman said: "Police were called at approximately 3.50am by London Ambulance Service to reports of a man aged approximately 30 stabbed in Watling Avenue, Edgware.
"Officers attended and the victim was pronounced dead at the scene.
"Inquiries into the identity of the deceased are ongoing and next of kin are yet to be informed."
No arrests have been made, and Scotland Yard's Homicide and Serious Crime Command will investigate the murder.
Police are appealing for witnesses to call them on the non-emergency number 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
Sickness and disability benefits could be reduced by £30 a week as part of £12bn welfare cuts
- 1 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 2 People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
- 3 Van driver who comforted Clark Carlisle and called 999 after suicide attempt dies age 24
- 4 James Blunt was special guest on the highest-rating Top Gear episode ever
- 5 The biggest first date turnoff has been revealed