Man stopped after driving illegally for 40 years
Police are unsure if the man has even passed his driving test
A man who was stopped on a motorway by police said he had been driving without a license for 40 years.
The unidentified man was also driving without insurance, West Midlands Police said.
He was stopped at the Nechells area of Birmingham at 09:45 BST.
“He has committed a criminal offence, and the matter will proceed to the courts,” a West Midlands Police spokesman told the BBC.
“We don't know whether the driver had even passed his test,” he added.
His vehicle was seized and impounded, and the DVLA were notified, the Central Motorway Police confirmed.
Israel-Gaza conflict: The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Opponents of Israel's military operation in Gaza are the real enemies of Middle Eastern peace
Were 'Poor Doors' added to mixed developments so wealthy residents don't have to go in alongside social housing tenants?
Arizona execution lasts two hours as killer Joseph Wood left 'snorting and gasping' for air
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Massive rise in sale of British arms to Russia
- 1 If you weren't afraid of flying before last week... you probably are now
- 2 Israel-Gaza conflict: The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
- 3 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
- 4 Lauren Goodger calls for tougher laws on revenge porn after sex tape leaks online
- 5 Iraq crisis: End 'very near' for Christianity after Isis takeover, says Bishop