Man's body found in alleyway
Saturday 29 December 2012
Detectives have launched a murder inquiry after a man's body was found in an alleyway.
West Midlands Police said officers were questioning a man on suspicion of murder after the victim was pronounced dead in the Erdington area of Birmingham.
The deceased, who has yet to be formally identified, was found at about 7.15am today near to Knights Close in Gravelly Hill.
Detective Inspector Gary Plant, who is leading the investigation, said: "The inquiry is at a very early stage and we have cordoned off the area as we establish the circumstances surrounding the man's death.
"I am keen to hear from anyone who may have any information about what happened."
Forensic investigators are currently at the scene and local officers are speaking to nearby residents, Mr Plant added.
Witnesses are urged call West Midlands Police on 101 or the Crimestoppers service on 0800 555 111.
Stamford Hill council removes 'unacceptable' posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
Kim Kardashian 'nude pictures' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence 'The Fappening' scandal
Iranian blogger found guilty of insulting Prophet Mohammad on Facebook sentenced to death
Ice Bucket Challenge: US firefighter Tony Grider dies after participating in charity craze near power lines
Hitler’s former food taster reveals the horrors of the Wolf’s Lair
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Plebgate MP Andrew Mitchell called officer a 'little s**t', claim court documents 'exposing ex-Chief Whip's 'record of abusing police'
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
- 1 Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
- 2 Stamford Hill council removes 'unacceptable' posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 3 Kim Kardashian 'nude pictures' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence 'The Fappening' scandal
- 4 Alex Salmond: 'The rocks would melt with the sun before I'd ever set foot in the House of Lords'
- 5 Free U2 album: How the most generous giveaway in music history turned into a PR disaster