A memorial service will be held today for the victims of the Jersey massacre.
Izabela Rzeszowski, 30, and her children Kinga, six, and two-year-old Kasper, are believed to have been stabbed to death by her husband Damian, 30.
He is also thought to have killed his wife's father Marek Garstki and her friend Marta de la Haye, 34, and five-year-old daughter Julia during the attack on Sunday afternoon.
A Requiem Mass, which will be held in English and partly in Polish, will take place at St Thomas' Church in St Helier.
The Mass will be celebrated by Monsignor Nicholas France, Catholic Dean in Jersey, and Fr Stanislaw Adamiak, acting chaplain to the Polish Catholic Mission in Jersey.
Detective Superintendent Stewart Gull, who is leading the investigation into the killings, said he was hoping to meet the victims' families over the next few days.
"We cannot begin to imagine exactly what the relatives and friends of these two young families must be going through at the present time, but we can all be conscious of how difficult and traumatic it is, and I would ask that they be allowed the time and dignity to be able to grieve in peace," he said.
"There is also a great deal of rumour and speculation about what has happened here and that can only cause the relatives even more distress, so I appeal to everyone to allow our investigation to follow the evidence to establish the exact sequence of events."
Mr Gull was speaking as Rzeszowski remained in a stable condition under police guard at Jersey General Hospital. When he is well enough he will be questioned by officers.
Rzeszowski is believed to have repeatedly stabbed himself in the chest after the incident.
The attack spilled from a flat in Victoria Crescent in St Helier and into the street.
Neighbours have described how they fended off the "mumbling" knifeman with a traffic cone as he chased one of the women before turning the weapon on himself.
Another witness saw the two little girls' bodies carried out of the flats by paramedics covered in blood.
Mr Gull also renewed his appeal to anyone who may have any information that may help the inquiry to come forward.
"Any piece of information, no matter how small or insignificant it might seem, could provide us with an important piece of the jigsaw of evidence, and I would appeal to anyone to contact us if they think they may be able to help," Mr Gull said.
Post-mortem examinations have been carried out on the man and one of the women and the results found they both died from multiple stab wounds.
House to house inquiries in Victoria Crescent are also under way and forensic examination of the scene continues.
Since the incident at the weekend, the major incident room has completed more than 40 witness statements and over 100 lines of inquiry have been followed up.
"Both the nature and scale of this inquiry make it a complex one, and there is still a significant amount of work to be done," said Mr Gull.
"The investigation team and all of the officers and police staff who have been involved in supporting this inquiry have been totally dedicated, and the progress we have achieved so far is testimony to that commitment."
Family friend Dominika Nalichowska, 29, who taught Kinga at her Saturday Polish school, said Mrs Rzeszowski had confided in her that she was having problems with her marriage and that Rzeszowski had taken an overdose of pills less than a month ago after suffering from depression.
Speaking two days after the attack, she said: "He was a very calm and quiet person so I don't know if it was because everything was bottled up inside him.
"Both of them loved each other. They'd been together for about 10 years, but they had been having problems lately, as every couple does."
Describing Rzeszowski, she said: "He was a very peaceful man. We've never seen him lose his temper so it's hard to believe what made him turn in that way."Reuse content