Memorial sex act woman due back in court
A woman branded "Britain's most disgusting person" by war heroes after urinating on a war memorial is due back in court today after fleeing her sentencing hearing last week.
Wendy Lewis, 32, was given a "guard of dishonour" by angry war veterans - whom she told to "f*** off" - when she appeared at Blackpool Magistrates' Court on Friday.
But she fled the building 20 minutes later and a warrant was issued for her arrest.
Lewis, of Princess Street, Blackpool, was detained last night and will return to the court today to be sentenced, a Lancashire Police spokeswoman said.
Lewis caught on CCTV relieving herself on the Cenotaph in the town before performing a sex act on a man nearby.
She was found guilty at an earlier hearing of outraging public decency and was due to be sentenced last week, when a community service order was expected to be imposed.
Lewis was dubbed "Britain's most disgusting person" by Ian Coleman, of the Royal British Legion, after an earlier court appearance.
Michael Brown shooting: Amnesty International sends team within US for first time as National Guard deployed
Michael Brown shooting: Ferguson police shoot and kill second young black man
James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – and warns Obama of more to come
Iraq crisis: Islamic State's message to America - 'We will drown you all in blood'
Ferguson: In the heartlands of America, a descent into madness
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Crisis? What crisis? A visiting US doctor gives the NHS a rave review
Ukip MEP calls for reintroduction of death penalty on fiftieth anniversary of last deaths
Russell Brand calls for Israel boycott: Comedian urges big businesses that 'facilitate the oppression of people in Gaza' to pull funding
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
- 1 Michael Brown shooting: Amnesty International sends team within US for first time as National Guard deployed
- 2 James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – and warns Obama of more to come
- 3 Reading Festival 2014: Tesco branch replaces salad and potatoes for Jagermesiter and vodka
- 4 Here’s the damning letter Robin Williams wrote to his Mrs Doubtfire co-star's principal after they expelled her
- 5 Ferguson protests: 90-year-old Holocaust survivor Hedy Epstein ‘arrested’ by police during St Louis demonstrations