Men taken to hospital after funeral brawl
Wednesday 15 October 2008
Two men were taken to hospital after a "large scale" fight broke out among mourners at a funeral today.
Violence flared at the service at Hayfield Cemetery in Kirkcaldy, Fife.
A number of people were injured and two were taken to Queen Margaret Hospital in Dunfermline for treatment.
Police said none of the injuries were life-threatening.
They appealed for information about the incident, which happened at about 11.15am near the entrance to Hayfield Cemetery on Hayfield Road.
Detective Chief Inspector Dougie Milton said: "This is a particularly unsavoury incident which has shaken a number of passers-by.
"I would appeal to anyone who either witnessed the incident or has information to contact us."
A spokesman for Co-operative Funeralcare, said: "There was an incident at a funeral this morning.
"Thankfully none of our staff was hurt but I understand two members of the mourning party were hurt."
He said he could not comment on whether or not the funeral had to be abandoned because of client confidentiality.
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
The Google future, including microphones in every ceiling and data sent directly to your brain
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 4 Newly vegan Beyoncé wears fox fur to dine in meat free restaurant
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >