Missing man's body found in canal
A body pulled from a canal was identified today as the missing man at the centre of a celebrity-backed online search.
Comedian David Mitchell and TV host Claudia Winkleman joined an online campaign to find John Regan, 30.
But after an officer found a body in water near West Quay in Camden, north London, a Scotland Yard spokesman said: "Although we await formal identification, we are satisfied that the deceased is 30-year-old John Regan of Chalcott Road."
The sports data analyst went missing last week after being on holiday in Miami. Mr Regan, born in Derbyshire, was last seen at Camden Stables Market after leaving nearby venue Bartok.
More than 2,600 people joined a group on Facebook.
The death is not being treated as suspicious, police said.
Lammily: Barbie-like doll hits Kickstarter fundraising target in a day
Belle Knox: How the porn star student from Duke University became bigger than Justin Bieber
Top 10 most expensive cities in the world: Singapore named costliest place to live – but what about London?
Oscar Pistorius trial: Neighbour feared athlete would use gun that killed his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp to shoot himself
Channel 4 announces two-hour TV show to be broadcast 'Live from Space' later this month
Apple's Tim Cook: Business isn’t just about making profit
Thousands of young people forced to go without food after benefits wrongly stopped under 'draconian' new sanctions regime
Ukraine crisis: New navy chief 'defects' and surrenders Crimean HQ as Putin claims ultranationalists forced intervention
Britain's top vet sparks controversy with call for ban on slashing animals' throats in 'ritual' slaughters for halal and kosher meat products
Ukraine crisis: Russia dismisses '3am ultimatum' as 'total nonsense'
If you're horrified by a flame-roasted dog, you should be shocked at a hog roast
- 1 The future of sex: The first female condoms were derided, mistrusted and shunned - but will their modern counterparts catch on?
- 2 South African rhino finally put down after roaming Kruger park for days with horn hacked off and bullet in brain
- 3 Channel 4 announces two-hour TV show to be broadcast 'Live from Space' later this month
- 4 Man stabbed with Legend of Zelda Master Sword in serious condition
- 5 Study suggests that 'gaydars' are real - at least for women