Mother and son jailed for death plot
Friday 12 August 2011
A woman and her son have been jailed for plotting to murder an 89-year-old relative to get their hands on his money.
The pensioner's adopted daughter, who is 49 and from Eastleigh, was sentenced to 17 years while her 19-year-old son was told he must serve at least seven-and-a-half years. Legal restrictions mean none of the family can be named.
Winchester Crown Court heard that the elderly man, who survived, was attacked with bricks at his bungalow in a village near Winchester on 15 November.
General Election 2015: Chuka Umunna on the benefits of immigration, humility – and his leader Ed Miliband
The sickening truth about food banks that the Tories don't want you to know
Aaron and Melissa Klein: Oregon anti-gay bakers ordered to pay $135,000 after refusing to make cake for same-sex wedding
Andrew Lloyd Webber: Phantom of the Opera writer mocked after issuing a warning about Ed Miliband and Nicola Sturgeon
General election 2015: Labour will toughen hate crimes legislation surrounding Islamophobia
HSBC review into moving headquarters from UK 'underway'
- 1 Migrant crisis: Greek soldier saved 20 people singlehandedly off Rhodes beach
- 2 Frank Lampard's face drops when Holly Willoughby introduces him as a 'Man City legend'
- 3 UK weather: Britain braced for snow as arctic air mass moves in
- 4 Aaron and Melissa Klein: Oregon anti-gay bakers ordered to pay $135,000 after refusing to make cake for same-sex wedding
- 5 General Election 2015: Stephen Hawking says he will vote Labour