Mother to be sentenced over baby boy neglect
A mother will be sentenced today for neglecting her 13-month-old son whose charred body was found strapped in his buggy in front of a fireplace.
Tracey Sutherland, 39, pleaded guilty to neglect of her son, Alexander, between October 29 and November 10 last year.
Alexander was discovered by police at the family home in Baguley, Manchester, on November 10.
He was taken to hospital but was pronounced dead later the same day.
At a preliminary court hearing it emerged there was evidence of charring to the body and apparent bruising to the torso and forehead.
The child also had extensive nappy rash with faeces and urine on the body.
Last month, Manchester Crown Court heard that a pathologist could find no direct link between the death and the mother's neglect.
Sentencing at Manchester Crown Court takes place from 10.30am.
Expert urges cat lovers to own just one animal each
Five-year-old Iris Grace is raising awareness of autism through her extraordinary paintings
Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
Isis an hour away from Baghdad - with no sign of Iraq army being able to make a successful counter-attack
British man raped while urinating in bushes at Oktoberfest beer festival in Germany
Isis, we are told, is a 'clear and dangerous threat to our way of life'. I’m sorry, but I just don’t buy it
Exclusive: 'Putin's Russia has been my biggest regret,' says Nato's outgoing Secretary General
The Osborne Ultimatum: Chancellor’s benefits freeze bombshell will affect ten million households
'Women, walk wherever you want' posters taken down in Stamford Hill following 'unacceptable' signs separating men and women
There’s no excuse for Dave Lee Travis’s behaviour, but we need to keep a sense of proportion
Mark Reckless becomes second Tory MP to defect to Ukip in a month
- 1 Reyhaneh Jabbari: Iran due to execute woman for murder of her alleged attempted rapist
- 2 Sainsbury's '50p challenge' poster telling staff to encourage customers to spend more placed in shop window instead of staff room
- 3 Expert urges cat lovers to own just one animal each
- 4 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- 5 The Simpsons death: Creator Al Jean would 'kill himself' before character like Homer or Lisa
- < Previous
- Next >