Murder hunt after teenager's body found in Borehamwood
Wednesday 28 December 2011
A murder investigation has been launched after the body of a 19-year-old woman was found in a house.
It is thought the teenager, whose body was discovered yesterday by a relative in Borehamwood, Hertfordshire, had been stabbed to death.
An 18-year-old man from Borehamwood and a 26-year-old man from Islington, north London, have been arrested on suspicion of murder and are being questioned, Hertfordshire Police said.
A post-mortem examination is being carried out to confirm how the woman died.
Police, who were called to the property in Beech Drive at 8am yesterday, are appealing for information about the murder.
Detective Superintendent Mick Hanlon said: "Firstly, our thoughts are with the victim's family.
"As you can imagine, this is an extremely traumatic time and they are being supported by specialist family liaison officers.
"We have a team of detectives currently working on the case who are looking at a number of lines of inquiry to establish exactly what happened. However, I would like to appeal to the communities of Borehamwood to help us."
He asked anyone who was in the area from 5pm on Boxing Day and saw anything suspicious to contact the force, or call Crimestoppers.
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Bin bag full of cats' heads discovered near Manchester's Curry Mile
Disgusting, frustrating, but intriguing: how the country really feels about its politicians
- 1 Jeremy Clarkson 'does not see a problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 2 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 3 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 4 A third of employers never check job applicants' qualifications, survey finds
- 5 James Foley beheading: Fox news presenter Megyn Kelly annoyed by Ferguson update during broadcast about murdered journalist