Murder investigation launched after two men found dead in car in London
Saturday 01 March 2014
Police are investigating a double murder in London after two men were found dead in a car.
Paramedics were called by members of the public to the vehicle in Leytonstone, east London, shortly before 1am on Saturday.
Both men were pronounced dead at the scene and the London Ambulance Service alerted the police. Enquiries are ongoing to identify them and inform their families.
A spokesman for the Metropolitan Police said the victims were found "suffering from injuries" but would not confirm if any weapons were used.
He added: "There have been no arrests at this time and enquiries continue."
A post-mortem was due to take place on Saturday afternoon to establish the cause of death.
Police are appealing for anyone with information to call the incident room on 0208 345 3715 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans
Revealed: Putin's army of pro-Kremlin bloggers
- 1 Tidal launch: The most pretentious lines from Alicia Keys' valedictory speech
- 2 Britain First 'acting like Ukip henchmen' by invading meeting of activists in revenge for pub protest against Nigel Farage
- 3 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 4 Tidal: Jay Z's Spotify rival streaming service criticised for making wealthy artists even richer
- 5 Brixton squat flats now costing up to £3k per month show how out of control rent is in London