Murdered bride 'put up a fight'
Thursday 13 January 2011
Michaela McAreavey, who was murdered on her honeymoon in Mauritius, had put up a struggle against her attackers, police said yesterday.
Mrs McAreavey, 28, was found strangled in the bath on Monday with the water still running. Skin was discovered beneath her fingernails indicating that she fought for her life probably having disturbed thieves.
She was the daughter of Mickey Harte, manager of the Gaelic football team Tyrone GAA. She married John McAreavey, a member of Down Gaelic football team, on 30 December.
Three men, all employees of the luxury Legends Hotel, have appeared in court charged in connection with her death and were remanded in custody.
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services
Myleene Klass: Ed Miliband 'strikes back' by comparing UK's need for Labour's mansion tax to Hear'Say track
- 1 'Not suppost to cry': 9-year-old lists the worst things about being a boy
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 4 Lana Del Rey rape video: Marilyn Manson denies involvement in shocking leaked footage
- 5 Kenya bus attack: Al-Shabaab militants kill 28 non-Muslims who failed to recite Koran