Murder-suicide theory over couple's deaths
Police have identified a Lithuanian couple who were found dead two weeks ago.
The bodies of Daiva Kucinskiene, 42, and her partner, Osvaldas Serelis, 44, were discovered at their home in Tig Fold Road, Farnworth, Greater Manchester, on November 11.
A post-mortem revealed that Mr Serelis died as a result of asphyxiation. It is believed he hanged himself.
The cause of Ms Kucinskiene's death could not be ascertained and further tests are due to be carried out.
A Greater Manchester Police spokesman said: "An investigation has been launched to establish the circumstances surrounding the deaths."
Police are said to be working on the theory that the man may have killed his partner before he committed suicide.
Neighbours described the couple as publicly affectionate with one another but said they often heard fierce rows at the terrace house.
The pair are understood to have moved to the area about a year ago.
Bono's group has made more money from Facebook investment than from all his music
Miley Cyrus calls out hypocrisy of women’s nipples being taboo
Auschwitz museum defends mist showers installed during heat wave after visitor complains they are reminiscent of gas chambers
Nazi 'gold train': Fire engulfs suspected location of vehicle in Poland
A Chinese journalist has appeared on state television 'confessing' to causing the stock market chaos
Climate change: 2015 will be the hottest year on record 'by a mile', experts say
Jeremy Corbyn calls Osama bin Laden's killing a 'tragedy' - but was it taken out of context?
Tony Blair attacks Jeremy Corbyn's 'Alice In Wonderland' politics
Theresa May says migrants should be banned from entering the UK unless they have jobs lined up
Iain Duncan Smith 'should resign over disability benefit death figures', says Jeremy Corbyn
UN investigating British Government over human rights abuses caused by IDS welfare reforms
- 1 If you're not already angry about the refugee crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
- 2 David De Gea: Manchester United goalkeeper's £29m move to Real Madrid off - because paperwork 'not done in time'
- 3 More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis
- 4 Pansexual: What is it - and when did the term gain popularity?
- 5 New Apple TV release date and price: streaming box and games console will launch in October