Mystery of burnt man found naked in road
Police were trying to discover today how a man came to be found naked and severely burnt in a road.
The 24-year-old Polish man was found on Barrowby Road in Grantham, Lincs, at about 10.20pm on Saturday.
He was treated at Grantham Hospital and Nottingham's Queen's Medical Centre before being transferred to a specialist burns unit in Selly Oak hospital, Birmingham.
Lincolnshire Police said today that he remains in the hospital's intensive care unit, where his condition is believed to be life-threatening with 70-80 per cent burns to his body.
A spokesman said an investigation has been launched to find out what happened to the man, who is believed to live in Norton Street, Grantham.
Detective Inspector Helen Evans, of Grantham CID, said: "We need to speak to anyone who knows what may have happened to this man.
"Presently, he is sedated and we are unable to speak to him. We need to trace anyone who may have seen him in the area of Barrowby Road and Saint Augustin Way, Grantham, between 10.10pm and 10.20pm on Saturday night.
"We have not yet found his clothing and I would appreciate it if residents and businesses in the area would check their properties and gardens for any discarded clothing."
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
Report finds that Britain's wages are the most unequal in Europe
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland
- 1 Ireland gay marriage vote: 'No' campaign appears to concede amid reports of 'yes' landslide victory
- 2 Purity balls: Girls in the US making virginity pledges as fathers vow to 'protect purity'
- 3 Picture of couple posing with beached dolphin 'that later died' causes outrage
- 4 16-year-old girl beaten and burned alive by lynch mob in Rio Bravo, Guatemala
- 5 Arsenal fan asks the Queen for tickets to the FA Cup final - gets a reply from Buckingham Palace