Nightclub worker sought over toilet sex attack
Detectives released a photograph today of a man accused of raping a woman after jumping on her from the ceiling of a nightclub toilet.
Officers want to trace Adebayo Omokayode Awosabya, 41, over the attack at the Amika nightclub in Kensington High Street, south west London.
The 19-year-old victim was using the toilet when the suspect lowered himself into the cubicle from an air vent in the ceiling.
Investigators believe he had been lying in wait for some time, watching through a metal grille for a victim.
There was a struggle during which the woman was assaulted and her clothes torn before she managed to escape into the busy nightclub.
Awosabya had been employed as a toilet attendant at the basement nightclub which is on the capital's celebrity circuit.
Among those to have visited the club are Prince Harry, Princesses Eugenie and Beatrice, Kelly Osbourne and pop star Rihanna.
The club is a favourite venue for celebrities holding album launch parties and has a members-only champagne lounge.
The suspect, also known as Andrew Olasebikan, is described as black, approximately 5ft 6in and of small build.
The attack took place at about midnight on Thursday, 3 July last year.
* Anyone who can assist police should call the Kensington and Chelsea Sapphire Unit on 020 8246 0114.
More Britons believe that multiculturalism makes the country worse - not better, says poll
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
Osborne to cap family benefits at £23,000 – announced ahead of his post-election Budget
- 1 BBC told new political editor must be 'impartial' with Nick Robinson reportedly stepping down
- 2 Number of young homeless people in Britain is 'more than three times the official figures'
- 3 Humans of New York image of crying gay teen receives best response yet from Ellen DeGeneres
- 4 The map showing the most dangerous tourist destinations in Europe, according to the Foreign Office
- 5 Swedish minister gives strongest case yet on why EU should stop turning away asylum seekers