Nightclub worker sought over toilet sex attack
Detectives released a photograph today of a man accused of raping a woman after jumping on her from the ceiling of a nightclub toilet.
Officers want to trace Adebayo Omokayode Awosabya, 41, over the attack at the Amika nightclub in Kensington High Street, south west London.
The 19-year-old victim was using the toilet when the suspect lowered himself into the cubicle from an air vent in the ceiling.
Investigators believe he had been lying in wait for some time, watching through a metal grille for a victim.
There was a struggle during which the woman was assaulted and her clothes torn before she managed to escape into the busy nightclub.
Awosabya had been employed as a toilet attendant at the basement nightclub which is on the capital's celebrity circuit.
Among those to have visited the club are Prince Harry, Princesses Eugenie and Beatrice, Kelly Osbourne and pop star Rihanna.
The club is a favourite venue for celebrities holding album launch parties and has a members-only champagne lounge.
The suspect, also known as Andrew Olasebikan, is described as black, approximately 5ft 6in and of small build.
The attack took place at about midnight on Thursday, 3 July last year.
* Anyone who can assist police should call the Kensington and Chelsea Sapphire Unit on 020 8246 0114.
Climate change: 2015 will be the hottest year on record 'by a mile', experts say
Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
Jeremy Corbyn calls Osama bin Laden's killing a 'tragedy' - but was it taken out of context?
If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
If you're not already angry about the refugee crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
Theresa May says migrants should be banned from entering the UK unless they have jobs lined up
- 1 Moscow voted the world's unfriendliest city
- 2 The excuses your boss is most likely to believe when you call in sick
- 3 I'm pansexual – here are the five biggest misconceptions about my sexuality
- 4 More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis
- 5 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don’t change Europe’s attitude to refugees, what will?