Nurse on trial accused of murdering parents
Monday 12 July 2010
A nurse is due to stand trial accused of murdering her elderly parents at the bungalow they shared in Dorset.
Susan Toop, 53, is charged with the murder of her father Arthur Toop, 82, and mother Joan, 74, at their home in Uplands Road, Bournemouth, Dorset, on November 28 2008.
Post-mortem examinations showed they died after being struck with a blunt object.
The trial is due to start at Winchester Crown Court.
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services
Myleene Klass: Ed Miliband 'strikes back' by comparing UK's need for Labour's mansion tax to Hear'Say track
- 1 'Not suppost to cry': 9-year-old lists the worst things about being a boy
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 4 Lana Del Rey rape video: Marilyn Manson denies involvement in shocking leaked footage
- 5 Kenya bus attack: Al-Shabaab militants kill 28 non-Muslims who failed to recite Koran