Officer had sex with prisoner
Saturday 16 July 2011
An acting prison governor who had a sexual relationship with a female inmate was convicted of misconduct in a public office yesterday.
Russell Thorne, 41, had a three-year relationship with a woman at Downview prison in Sutton, Surrey, between 2006 and 2010. At one point he feared she was pregnant.
Thorne, from Sutton, was convicted at Guildford Crown Court of one count of misconduct but cleared of a second charge. He was remanded in custody and will be sentenced later.
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Bin bag full of cats' heads discovered near Manchester's Curry Mile
Disgusting, frustrating, but intriguing: how the country really feels about its politicians
- 1 Jeremy Clarkson 'does not see a problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 2 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 3 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 4 A third of employers never check job applicants' qualifications, survey finds
- 5 James Foley beheading: Fox news presenter Megyn Kelly annoyed by Ferguson update during broadcast about murdered journalist