Petrol shortage foils Asda booze thieves
Wednesday 23 November 2011
Two bungling supermarket thieves were caught out when they forgot to put petrol in their getaway car.
Rose Devlin, 59, and Denise Egan, 52, stole £400 of alcohol from Asda in Chadderton, Greater Manchester, but could not get their blue Citroen to start and had to push the vehicle to the supermarket's petrol station.
Devlin, of Moston, and Egan, of Harpurhey, each pleaded guilty at Manchester Magistrates' Court to two counts of theft. Egan was given a two-year conditional discharge and told to pay £280 compensation and £85 costs. Devlin will be sentenced next month.
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
JK Rowling responds to fan tweeting she 'can't see' Dumbledore being gay
Jeremy Clarkson sacked live: Alan Yentob 'wouldn't rule out' ex Top Gear host's BBC return
Revealed: Putin's army of pro-Kremlin bloggers
Germanwings plane crash: Co-pilot Andreas Lubitz wanted to 'do something people would remember him for'
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
- 1 The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
- 2 Watch: Man takes selfie every mile of 2,600 mile hike, creates amazing timelapse video
- 3 The day I starred in Only Fools and Horses
- 4 #FreeTheNipple: Women in Iceland bare breasts in solidarity with trolled student
- 5 Scientists have discovered a simple way to cook rice that dramatically cuts the calories