Police appeal after M5 crash
Saturday 21 July 2012
Traffic police have appealed for witnesses after a woman died in a crash which forced the closure of a motorway for more than five hours.
West Mercia Police said the crash on the southbound M5 in Worcestershire, involving a Mercedes van and a Mazda car, was being investigated by the Central Motorway Police Group.
The driver of the Mazda MX-5, a 63-year-old woman from the Gloucester area, was pronounced dead at the scene between junction seven near Worcester and junction eight at Strensham.
Anyone who witnessed the accident, which happened at about 10pm last night, is asked to contact the Central Motorway Police Group on 0121 626 1285.
Expert urges cat lovers to own just one animal each
Five-year-old Iris Grace is raising awareness of autism through her extraordinary paintings
Isis an hour away from Baghdad - with no sign of Iraq army being able to make a successful counter-attack
Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
British man raped while urinating in bushes at Oktoberfest beer festival in Germany
Isis, we are told, is a 'clear and dangerous threat to our way of life'. I’m sorry, but I just don’t buy it
Exclusive: 'Putin's Russia has been my biggest regret,' says Nato's outgoing Secretary General
'Women, walk wherever you want' posters taken down in Stamford Hill following 'unacceptable' signs separating men and women
There’s no excuse for Dave Lee Travis’s behaviour, but we need to keep a sense of proportion
Mark Reckless becomes second Tory MP to defect to Ukip in a month
Should gay sex be illegal? 16% of Britons think so
- 1 Expert urges cat lovers to own just one animal each
- 2 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- 3 The Simpsons death: Creator Al Jean would 'kill himself' before character like Homer or Lisa
- 4 British man raped while urinating in bushes at Oktoberfest beer festival in Germany
- 5 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- < Previous
- Next >