Police appeal over woman found dead in road
Police were today appealing for a motorist who left the scene of a fatal road collision in which a woman died to come forward.
The victim, believed to be in her early 30s, was discovered lying on a dual carriageway on the A548 just past the initial junction for Bagillt, Flintshire.
Officers were called to the road at about 4.35am yesterday, before the woman was pronounced dead at the scene.
A North Wales Police spokesman said: "The driver of the vehicle failed to stop and report the collision."
A post mortem examination is expected to take place on the victim's body later today.
She is not from north Wales, police said.
Anyone with information should call North Wales Police on 101 in Wales, 0845 607 1001 (Welsh language line), 0845 607 1002 (English language line) or the independent charity Crimestoppers Wales anonymously on 0800 555 111.
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 4 Video: Students 'punched and dragged to the ground by their hair' as police break up demonstration
- 5 Cannabis can cause man boobs, US surgeon claims
Rapper Ja Rule forced to deny leaving his wife for prison cell mate
Ten best places to live in the UK: Solihull comes top
Mysterious glowing ‘alien-like creature’ spotted in waters of Bristol Harbour. A jellyfish - or something fishy?
From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
Nelson Mandela death: his life in pictures