Police arrest 65-year-old man in Somerset in Savile probe
Thursday 04 April 2013
A 65-year-old man has been arrested by detectives investigating allegations that emerged after the Jimmy Savile abuse scandal.
The man was held in Somerset this morning on suspicion of sexual offences, Scotland Yard said.
Allegations against him are not linked to Savile, the force confirmed.
The man is the 12th person to be arrested under Operation Yewtree, the national investigation prompted by allegations against the disgraced television presenter.
Mountain goats miraculously survive avalanche in the Alps
Skyfall's Ben Whishaw confirmed for Freddie Mercury film
- 1 Mountain goats' miraculous escape from avalanche captured in dramatic video footage
- 2 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 3 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 4 Government delays EU immigration report because it is too positive
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
The ten coldest places on Earth
Sir Ian McKellen hits back at Damian Lewis' 'fruity actor' claims
Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
Housing double whammy: A whole generation ‘won’t be able to buy or rent a home’
'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >