Police name Waterlooville stab victim as Simon Warton
A man who was stabbed to death in a fight after a late-night party was named by police today as Simon Warton.
The 27-year-old was found injured by officers called to a disturbance in Dove Close, Waterlooville, Hampshire, at 5.30am yesterday.
He was taken to hospital where he was later pronounced dead.
A post-mortem examination established that Mr Warton, of Orsmond Close, Waterlooville, died of a stab wound.
Hampshire police named Sean Bailey, 28, from Waterlooville, as their prime suspect yesterday and called for the public's help in tracing him.
Anyone who sees him has been urged not to approach him but to dial 999 immediately.
An appeal was also made yesterday to trace a 16-year-old girl who had been seen with Bailey earlier that day but she was later found safe and well.
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
Royal Marine Sgt Alexander Blackman jailed for life for murder of Afghan insurgent
Ja Rule forced to deny leaving wife for prison cell mate
Nelson Mandela: 11 inspirational quotes to live your life by
Nelson Mandela's death: South Africa and the world mourns loss of Nelson Mandela
Crash pilot who threatened Ukip leader Nigel Farage found dead
- < Previous
- Next >