Police name Waterlooville stab victim as Simon Warton
A man who was stabbed to death in a fight after a late-night party was named by police today as Simon Warton.
The 27-year-old was found injured by officers called to a disturbance in Dove Close, Waterlooville, Hampshire, at 5.30am yesterday.
He was taken to hospital where he was later pronounced dead.
A post-mortem examination established that Mr Warton, of Orsmond Close, Waterlooville, died of a stab wound.
Hampshire police named Sean Bailey, 28, from Waterlooville, as their prime suspect yesterday and called for the public's help in tracing him.
Anyone who sees him has been urged not to approach him but to dial 999 immediately.
An appeal was also made yesterday to trace a 16-year-old girl who had been seen with Bailey earlier that day but she was later found safe and well.
Land for gas: Merkel and Putin discussed secret deal could end Ukraine crisis
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
A new Russian revolution: The cracks are starting to appear in Putin’s Kremlin power bloc
- 1 Scientists create transparent mouse complete with see-through organs
- 2 Pope Francis issues top 10 tips for happiness
- 3 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 4 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
- 5 Amazonian Indian tribe filmed making contact with Brazil village in rare video footage
- < Previous
- Next >