Policeman in court charged with sexual assault
A police officer appeared in court today accused of groping a woman in the street.
Metropolitan Police Constable Marc Pullen, 37, is charged with sexual assault over an incident in Shepherd's Bush Place, west London, on December 21 last year.
His case was sent to Southwark Crown Court for trial during a short hearing at City of Westminster Magistrates' Court.
District Judge Daphne Wickham adjourned the case until November 25. Pullen was released on unconditional bail. He denies the offence.
A Metropolitan Police spokesman said Pullen, who is based in Hammersmith and Fulham borough, has been placed on restricted duties.
Pullen gave his address in court as care of Reynolds Dawson solicitors, of Uxbridge Road, west London.
International Women's Day 2014: The shocking statistics that show why it is still so important
Singapore sting: Sky-high prices are pushing locals to the edge of affordability
International Women’s Day: 'When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch' - feminist quotes from female icons to inspire you
Exclusive: New evidence links the murders of Stephen Lawrence and a private investigator
Dead woman's body found sitting in a car after six years after direct debits ran $54,000 bank account dry
Britain's top vet sparks controversy with call for ban on slashing animals' throats in 'ritual' slaughters for halal and kosher meat products
Ukraine crisis: Russia dismisses '3am ultimatum' as 'total nonsense'
If you're horrified by a flame-roasted dog, you should be shocked at a hog roast
Poor 'live like animals' says Boris's privately educated sister after going on 'poverty safari'
White people become less racist just by moving to more diverse areas, study finds
Exclusive: Impact of immigrants on British workers ‘negligible’
- 1 International Women's Day 2014: The shocking statistics that show why it is still so important
- 2 Orgasm machine to deliver climax at the push of a button
- 3 Singapore sting: Sky-high prices are pushing locals to the edge of affordability
- 4 Liam Neeson turned down James Bond role because late wife Natasha Richardson said she wouldn't marry him if he took it
- 5 Dead woman's body found sitting in a car after six years after direct debits ran $54,000 bank account dry