Prison officers suspended in smuggling probe
Three prison officers at the centre of an investigation into the smuggling of drugs and mobile phones at Britain's largest prison have been suspended, it was revealed today.
The three men, who work at Wandsworth prison in south west London, were arrested last month, and bailed to appear at Charing Cross police station next Thursday, the Metropolitan Police said.
A Prison Service spokesman said: "Three prison officers were suspended from HMP Wandsworth in April pending the outcome of a police investigation."
Kensington flat branded ‘uninhabitable’ by estate agent on sale for a bargain £600,000
Miley Cyrus' homeless MTV VMAs date, Jesse Helt, is wanted by the police
Gun instructor accidentally shot dead by nine-year-old girl with Uzi gun
Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
Teenager dies after suspected ice bucket challenge goes horribly wrong
Exclusive: We share blame for creating 'jihad generation', says Muslim strategist
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Arizona shooting: Gun instructor accidentally killed by nine-year-old girl with Uzi
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
- 1 Gun instructor accidentally shot dead by nine-year-old girl with Uzi gun
- 2 Paul Scholes: Manchester City were so good against Liverpool I felt like turning the television off
- 3 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 4 Homer Simpson has taken the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he has
- 5 Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
- < Previous
- Next >