Probe into prisoner's hanging death
Monday 13 September 2010
An investigation was launched after a prisoner was found hanging in his cell, the Prison Service said today.
David Boylan, 47, who was on remand accused of causing grievous bodily harm, was found hanging from a ligature in his cell at HMP Hewell in Redditch, Worcestershire, shortly before 7am yesterday.
A Prison Service spokesman said: "Staff attempted CPR and paramedics attended. He was taken to outside hospital but was pronounced dead at 9.35am.
"Our thoughts are with David Boylan's family at this time."
The Prisons and Probation Ombudsman will carry out an investigation into his death.
The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Were 'Poor Doors' added to mixed developments so wealthy residents don't have to go in alongside social housing tenants?
A new Russian revolution: The cracks are starting to appear in Putin’s Kremlin power bloc
Arizona execution lasts two hours as killer Joseph Wood left 'snorting and gasping' for air
Opponents of Israel's military operation in Gaza are the real enemies of Middle Eastern peace
- 1 Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
- 2 The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
- 3 Danish TV reporter is all business up top, all party down below
- 4 Ross Burden dead: MasterChef and Ready Steady Cook star, dies aged 45
- 5 Businessman charged £75 for three small bottles of water in London hotel