Pub landlord charged with murder over body in freezer
A 49-year-old pub landlord today appeared in court charged with murdering his 29-year-old partner.
Michael Tucker, landlord of The Compasses Inn in Snettisham, Norfolk, appeared before magistrates in nearby King's Lynn accused of killing landlady Rebecca Thorpe.
He was remanded in custody until Monday when his case is due to be heard by a judge at Norwich Crown Court.
Tucker spoke only to confirm personal details during a five-minute hearing and entered no plea.
Detectives arrested Tucker after Miss Thorpe's body was found in a freezer in an outbuilding at the pub on Tuesday, police said.
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Nelson Mandela life story: An unconquerable spirit
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
Ten best places to live in the UK: Solihull comes top
Mysterious glowing ‘alien-like creature’ spotted in waters of Bristol Harbour. A jellyfish - or something fishy?
From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
UK weather: Thousands evacuated along East Coast as more surge tides forecast
Nelson Mandela death: his life in pictures
- < Previous
- Next >