Ravel Morrison charged with assault: West Ham midfielder remanded in custody after appearing in court accused of punching and slapping his ex-girlfriend and her mother
Morrison was refused bail and will remain in custody until 7 August
Thursday 31 July 2014
West Ham midfielder Ravel Morrison has been remanded in custody after appearing in court accused of punching and slapping his ex-girlfriend and her mother.
Morrison, 21, charged with two counts of common assault, closed his eyes and puffed his cheeks out after being refused bail at Manchester Magistrates' Court today.
Morrison, who spoke only to confirm his name and age, is alleged to have assaulted ex-girlfriend Reah Mansoor, 19, and her mother Parveen Mansoor, 39, in the early hours of Sunday morning.
He was arrested on Wednesday and appeared in court on Thursday.
District Judge James Prowse refused a bail application made by Morrison's solicitor Ros Emsley-Smith.
The defendant, who did not enter a plea, was remanded into custody until August 7.
Michelle Obama highlights harsh restrictions faced by Saudi women after meeting King Salman without wearing a headscarf
Amal Clooney gives excellent answer to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
Sir David Attenborough interview: The one question about life that still baffles him
Isis publicly behead man in Syrian town square for 'insulting Allah' as he screams for help
One spelling error costs Companies House up to £9 million after being sued for ruining business
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British Muslim school children suffering a backlash of abuse following Paris attacks
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures
- 1 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 2 Michelle Obama highlights harsh restrictions faced by Saudi women after meeting King Salman without wearing a headscarf
- 3 Amal Clooney gives excellent answer to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
- 4 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 5 Isis publicly behead man in Syrian town square for 'insulting Allah' as he screams for help