Rochdale paedophile gangleader is named
A sexual predator who led a gang of Asian men in grooming young white girls for sex was named today after he was convicted of 30 child rape charges.
Shabir Ahmed, 59, was jailed for 19 years last month after running a ring of paedophiles in Rochdale and Oldham, but could not be named while he was awaiting a separate child abuse trial.
The restriction was lifted after Ahmed was found guilty by a jury in Liverpool of raping and sexually abusing a young Asian girl for more than a decade.
Ahmed used extreme violence and treated his victim as his possession who he raped almost weekly.
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991' with most Brits wanting to stay 'in'
Tony Blair 'says Ed Miliband will lose 2015 general election'
Thousands with degenerative conditions classified as 'fit to work in future' – despite no possibility of improvement
Putin: The US is to blame for almost all the world's major conflicts
Poppy Appeal 2014: This is why I won't be wearing a red poppy this year
- 1 Russell Brand says he will 'probably' give up acting to focus on his revolution
- 2 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 3 David Beckham's Haig Club whisky is exactly what’s wrong with the Highlands
- 4 Queen's first tweet: Reply telling Her Majesty to 'f*** off' broadcast on BBC News
- 5 #AskNigelFarage: Twitter starts hilarious Q&A for Ukip leader