Rochdale paedophile gangleader is named
A sexual predator who led a gang of Asian men in grooming young white girls for sex was named today after he was convicted of 30 child rape charges.
Shabir Ahmed, 59, was jailed for 19 years last month after running a ring of paedophiles in Rochdale and Oldham, but could not be named while he was awaiting a separate child abuse trial.
The restriction was lifted after Ahmed was found guilty by a jury in Liverpool of raping and sexually abusing a young Asian girl for more than a decade.
Ahmed used extreme violence and treated his victim as his possession who he raped almost weekly.
The sickening truth about food banks that the Tories don't want you to know
Migrant boat disaster: Ukip candidate mocks victims in sickening Twitter post
Nigel Farage wants the BBC to stop making programmes like Doctor Who, Strictly Come Dancing, and Top Gear
Global warming: Scientists say temperatures could rise by 6C by 2100 and call for action ahead of UN meeting in Paris
General Election 2015: Britain would become a 'communist dictatorship' under Ed Miliband and Nicola Sturgeon, claims wife of Michael Gove
Rupert Murdoch berated Sun journalists for not doing enough to attack Ed Miliband and stop him winning the general election
- 1 Sofyen Belamouadden murder: The inside story of a crime that horrified Britain
- 2 How to turn off/stop 'seen by' on Facebook: Disable it to make your chats seem less passive aggressive
- 3 Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
- 4 'We're not heroes, just tourists': Swedish police officers on holiday stop vicious assault on New York subway
- 5 Buckingham Palace guard who attacked passers-by in 'most most violent piece of CCTV footage' police officer had seen walks free