Rolf Harris trial set for April 2014
Australian entertainer faces nine counts of indecent assault
Monday 07 October 2013
Veteran entertainer Rolf Harris will stand trial next April accused of indecently assaulting young girls, a court heard today.
The 83-year-old faces nine counts of indecent assault and four of making indecent images of a child.
Harris was excused from attending today's preliminary hearing before Mr Justice Nicol at the Old Bailey in London.
A plea hearing at Southwark Crown Court was provisionally set for January 14.
Harris's trial will start on April 30.
Toddler throws a tantrum at the White House – in front of Barack Obama
Maryland mother found pushing her dead child on a swing in a playground
16-year-old girl beaten and burned alive by lynch mob in Rio Bravo, Guatemala
Picture of couple posing with beached dolphin 'that later died' causes outrage
Nicola Sturgeon did want David Cameron to win the general election, report concludes
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
Report finds that Britain's wages are the most unequal in Europe
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland
- 1 Toddler throws a tantrum at the White House – in front of Barack Obama
- 2 Irish people are travelling home from all over the world so they can vote to legalise gay marriage
- 3 Picture of couple posing with beached dolphin 'that later died' causes outrage
- 4 16-year-old girl beaten and burned alive by lynch mob in Rio Bravo, Guatemala
- 5 Witch doctor arrested after forcing newborn baby to walk in Indian village