Rolf Harris trial set for April 2014
Australian entertainer faces nine counts of indecent assault
Monday 07 October 2013
Veteran entertainer Rolf Harris will stand trial next April accused of indecently assaulting young girls, a court heard today.
The 83-year-old faces nine counts of indecent assault and four of making indecent images of a child.
Harris was excused from attending today's preliminary hearing before Mr Justice Nicol at the Old Bailey in London.
A plea hearing at Southwark Crown Court was provisionally set for January 14.
Harris's trial will start on April 30.
Arsenal 1 Everton 1: Substitute equalises with six minutes to go
food + drinkMichelin-starred Tom Sellers on being this year's hottest property
booksGeese, gorillas, grandads... and growing up
tvParents (and kids) rejoice! A new wave of fantastic family entertainment is here
food + drinkHow one grocery e-tailer is gearing up for the Yuletide rush
food + drink
- 1 Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- 5 Japan cracks down on leaks after scandal of Fukushima nuclear power plant
Nelson Mandela: 11 inspirational quotes to live your life by
Queen to miss Nelson Mandela funeral over security and long-haul flight concerns
'Never a good time to increase MPs' pay': Jack Straw defends politicians' 11% pay rise in face of public outrage
10 stone five-year-old taken into care
Japan cracks down on leaks after scandal of Fukushima nuclear power plant
- < Previous
- Next >