Rugby league ref held in 'child sex' probe
Saturday 14 July 2012
A Rugby league referee and former international player has been arrested on suspicion of sexual activity with a child.
Jamie Bloem, 41, from South Africa and living in Halifax, West Yorkshire, was held by police then bailed.
A West Yorkshire Police spokesman said: "A 41-year-old Halifax man has been arrested on suspicion of sexual activity with a child in connection with an ongoing child protection investigation.
"He has been bailed pending further inquiries."
Bloem was tipped to break into the Super League next season as a referee having enjoyed a top-flight career as a full back, wing and second row.
Toddler throws a tantrum at the White House – in front of Barack Obama
Maryland mother found pushing her dead child on a swing in a playground
16-year-old girl beaten and burned alive by lynch mob in Rio Bravo, Guatemala
Picture of couple posing with beached dolphin 'that later died' causes outrage
Nicola Sturgeon did want David Cameron to win the general election, report concludes
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
Report finds that Britain's wages are the most unequal in Europe
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland
- 1 Toddler throws a tantrum at the White House – in front of Barack Obama
- 2 Irish people are travelling home from all over the world so they can vote to legalise gay marriage
- 3 Picture of couple posing with beached dolphin 'that later died' causes outrage
- 4 16-year-old girl beaten and burned alive by lynch mob in Rio Bravo, Guatemala
- 5 Witch doctor arrested after forcing newborn baby to walk in Indian village