Sandhurst pharmacy worker sold Army stories to The Sun
Friday 30 August 2013
A pharmacy assistant working at the Sandhurst military academy, where British Army officers are trained, sold a series of stories to The Sun newspaper, the Old Bailey has been told.
Tracy Bell, 35, from Goldthorpe in South Yorkshire, pleaded guilty to misconduct in a public office, having received about £1,250 for five articles published in the tabloid newspaper between 17 October 2005 and 7 July 2006. At the time, she was employed by the Ministry of Defence as a pharmacy assistant at the Sandhurst Medical Centre.
The Royal Military Academy, near Sandhurst in Berkshire, is where officers receive their initial training.
The court was told that Bell, who was allowed to sit at the back of the packed courtroom outside the dock as she entered her plea, will be sentenced on a date yet to be arranged in October. She was released on bail.
The Washington Post editor helped Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein bring down President Nixon
Children's bookseller wins The Independent's new author search
Board creates magnetic field to achieve lift
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
Jose Manuel Barroso warns David Cameron against making 'historic mistake' over immigration reforms
Worst Airports of 2014: Poll names Islamabad airport in Pakistan worst in the world
- 1 Salisbury ranked seventh-best city in the world to visit in Lonely Planet’s Best in Travel 2015
- 2 Disney announces new female-led film Moana
- 3 Banksy has not been arrested: Internet duped by fake report claiming artist's identity revealed
- 4 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 5 Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters